Can I have my parental rights relinquished? Posted on May 17, 2011

17 yrs ago, I was told I had a child in another state; however, this child goes by another surname and not mine. I tried to contact him but he does not wish to have anything to do with me so, why should I pay child support to someone I have no contact with or carries my name? I would rather have my parental rights relinquished instead of having to go to court for child support.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: