Can I have my kids father's rights taken from him since he has not been in any kind of contacted them for at least 6 years? 1 Answers as of August 19, 2016

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
First no, only the court can terminate parental rights. You don't say whether you and the father were married or if he is on their birth certificates. If neither one is the case, he has no rights because he is not their legal father. Has he been ordered to pay child support. To give you any meaningful information, an attorney would have to know a lot more than you've said.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/19/2016
Click to View More Answers: