Can I have my fingerprints removed from the record? 3 Answers as of July 05, 2011

If I was caught shoplifting and had my fingers printed and I receive an ACD is there anyway possible to remove the fingerprint record?

I would need further details such as whether you qualified for and obtained Youthful Offender Treatment ( if under 20 years old ) and what the underlying charge that you were given an ACd for, but is up to the court. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts.
Your finger print record "should" be destroyed. But, I wouldn't bet on it. You won't ever get it back.
If you get an ACD for shoplifting your mug shot photos and prints should be returned to your attorney who will destroy them. In Buffalo they send them to the attorney of record, I do not know how other cities handle the return of them. You should ask the attorney who handled the case.