Can I have my ex-husband's immgration papers cancelled? 5 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I was married to an immigrant. I helped him to get his papers. After he got his green card, he told me he had to go see his mom back home and it's been 3 months now. I haven't heard from him, I don't have any contact of him beside e-mail. I have been sending him e-mails everyday and I don't get any response. I finally got a hold of his daughter on facebook and she told me he's with a lady he's been with her for last 10 years and his friend told me he married married me to just get the green card. I am so confused don't know what to do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
If he married you fraudulently you can report it to USCIS. If he remains out of the U.S. for more than 6 months, he will risk losing his green card. After two years he must petition to remove the conditions of residence. He will need you to petition with him unless he has been divorced or a victim of abuse, so you will have a chance to prevent his permanent residence at that time, as well.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/13/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
If you believe you are the victim of immigration fraud, you should send a detailed letter to the USCIS along with any evidence you have.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/13/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Cut your losses now and withdraw your petition for his green card. That is your right as an American citizen. If he re-enters the United States, he will be in a position to harm you. Consult a lawyer who is experienced in immigration and family law.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/10/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
Hopefully the green card he got was conditional, which means it will expire after two years. If he can't prove he entered a good faith marriage with you and you guys are not divorced, he will have a really hard time keeping his green card. I'm sorry this happened to you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/10/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You can write to USCIS to get his green card revoked.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: