Can I have my child custody case transferred? 3 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I moved to California in 2009. It was in the parenting plan. I just want to know if I could get a change of jurisdiction to my new home state. My daughter’s father only gets her a few months out of the year and when she went for winter vacation he didn't even bring her back on time. Then he's always calling me harassing me. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
What custody arrangements have you been doing since 2009? The custody arrangement needs to be in California now that you are living here. Did the father have to agree to the move to California with the child? Interview different attorneys so you can choose one for your divorce.
It is possible to get the jurisdiction changed, but the prior state must relinquish it to California. The services of an attorney with experience in this area can be of help. If you are in my area, please contact me for a free consultation.
You can apply to transfer your case but the judge will have to decide if he will grant the transfer.