Can I have my b1-b2 visa changed to h1b if I have a potential employer? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2011

I have a multiple tourist visa in the U.S and a friend is willing to employ me in his nursing home, but we don't know what the process is. Somebody told us that it would be better and faster if I go to the US and have my status changed from b1 to h1b rather applying or waiting for an H1b visa here in the Philippines. Another question is, if granted an H1B visa can I bring my family in the U.S? Do you have an office in S.F. bay area and how much would you charge for this particular case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You can change your status from b-2 to h-1b; but your b-2 needs to still be current up to October 1st (as this is the date your h-1b starts). Once you have an approved h-1b, then your family can get their h-4 stamped into their passports at the U.S. Consulate and join you.

Contact my office so we can assist you with your immigration.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: