Can I have my arrest record expunged for 4 felony charges for attempting to obtain prescriptions? 3 Answers as of March 09, 2011

I was arrested and charged with 4 felony charges. My name was used by a co-worker to obtain class III drugs. She was charged with 9 counts and told the detective that I knew and helped her. I am not guilty. I am 22 and this is my first arrest EVER. I have not gone to court yet. Can my records be expunged or case/charges dismissed? Is it possible for me to not ever go to court for these charges. I cooperated fully with the investigator and voluntarily took a drug screen and passed.

I am Richard Goolsby, of The Goolsby Law Firm, LLC, located in Augusta, GA. It wounds like you need to be focused more on how to avoid a conviction, rather than how to obtain an expungement, (after a conviction). I would urge you to retain an experienced criminal attorney to advise you as to your rights and options, including the option of going to trial, if you are innocent. Good luck!
I think you are putting the cart before the horse. You were arrested and charged with four felonies, which means at some point in time you will be indicted by a grand jury and given an arraignment date. Is it possible for you to never go to court on these charges? YES, but soooo unlikely that we don't need to talk about it. You should be preparing to go to court, which means retaining an attorney. Your cooperating fully with the detective does not mean the charges will be dismissed, unless someone promised you that. Is it possible that the charges will be dismissed? YES, but you will need to hire an experienced attorney. Will your record be expunged? IF you have a conviction, NO. IF all of the charges are dismissed, maybe.

Here is the real point: I think you think something independent of you hiring an experienced attorney will cause the entire matter to go away. I seriously doubt that. In the meantime, precious time that can be used to resolve the matter is being lost, because you think that some other deus ex machina will resolve this matter. I wish you the best of luck,