Can I have a gun after a DISORD CONDUCT-LANG/GESTURE in 6/15/2009, GUILTY, CRIMINAL DAMAGED GUILTY, THREAT-INTIM W/INJ-DMGE PROP, GUILTY? 6 Answers as of January 10, 2014

The disorderly was domestic violence. It’s not stated on my public record anymore. I had to take DV classes and after I completed them, I don’t see them on my public record anymore. I would go into a gun store and try and buy one but don’t want to get into trouble for trying.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
O'Leary Associates, P.A.
O'Leary Associates, P.A. | John A. O'Leary
If you have a CDV conviction, you cannot have a gun. If the charge was dropped and you plead to the disorderly conduct, that should not affect your having a gun.
Answer Applies to: South Carolina
Replied: 1/10/2014
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
Check with law enforcement.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 1/8/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will get into trouble. You and guns are done.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/8/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Then as a gun dealer upfront.? They will sell you one if they can.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/8/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
No. Not in New York.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 1/8/2014
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
    Your weapon rights were revoked, it is not automatic that they get restored. If they were revoked, you will have to petition the court.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 1/8/2014
Click to View More Answers: