Can I have a full custody of my child? His father is in jail and I am married and husband would like to adopt him. 1 Answers as of February 17, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
The best approach to take would be to file and serve a request to terminate parental rights and a request for stepparent adoption. It's quite possible that the biological father would sign consent forms that could ease the way to complete this adoption process. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: