Can I have another family member sponsor my family member for immigration? 7 Answers as of August 10, 2011

My question is: If the sponsor (elder sister is the sponsor of her younger brother) passed away, her another sister( who is an American citizen) can be the co-sponsor?

If the beneficiary was in the US at the time of death of petitioner, yes that is possible. If not present in the US, you will need to apply for humanitarian reinstatement which is hard to get.
Anyone who is a either a Lawful Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen who is over 18 years can act as a joint sponsor.
Orbit Law, PLLC
Orbit Law, PLLC | Kripa Upadhyay
In short, Yes, the U.S Citizen sister can sponsor your family member IF the I-130 that the deceased sister applied for has already been approved. The _FAMILY SPONSOR IMMIGRATION ACT OF 2002_ that was signed into law on March 13, 2002, allows you parent, sibling or child who is at least 18 years of age to become a substitute sponsor if a family-based visa petitioner dies following the approval of the I-130 petition but before you obtains Lawful Permanent Residence ("Green Card"). Unfortunately, there is no provision for a substitute sponsor if the I-130 is not approved prior to the original sponsoring relative's death.
The old petition is still valid, i.e, you don't need to change anything. You need to retain a lawyer to help you.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
That will be no problem. However, if the older sister was also the petitioner, then the case will be more complicated as you will need to contact the USCIS to reinstate the approved I-130 petition first.