Can I have another child after giving up parental rights on 3 other children? 1 Answers as of April 15, 2011

Can Child Protective Services take away my newborn baby after I just recently gave up all parental rights on 3 other kids?

There is nothing generally that would prohibit you from having another child unless, possibly, the circumstances of the other three children's removal were so serious that a judge felt it essential to order you not to have more children. (Highly unlikely and you would probably know if that had happened). However, there is nothing to guarantee that CPS won't consider taking your newborn for the same reasons you lost the first three - if nothing has changed since then. For example, if you lost the other children because you were seriously addicted to drugs or alcohol and have not solved that problem, CPS could easily believe that you are not fit to have a child and that leaving it with you would endanger the child's health and welfare.