Can I have a 3rd degree retail fraud expunged? 7 Answers as of June 02, 2013

I plead guilty to 3rd degree retail fraud back in Oct. 2004. I recently applied for a job this month and it showed up on my background check. The company I'm hiring for says they need to see a court dispostion with the outcome of the case. Is there anyway I can get this expunged since besides a speeding ticket I have nothing on my record and this happened when I was 19?

Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
Yes, you can, assuming you meet the eligibility criteria. I'd recommend you consult with a lawyer who handles those types of claims.
Yes you can. I have been extremely successful in getting these set aside under your very circumstances.
It is possible. There are many factors that the court will consider in your request. Your best bet is to talk to an attorney who will help you through the process.
Yes you can get it expunged. It is not a capitol offense. It is over 5 years old and you have no other convictions. See a good attorney.
Ryan Maesen PLC | Ryan Maesen
    Yes, there is a passivity you might be able to have this expunged given the information you have provided.
    Hilf & Hilf PLC
    Hilf & Hilf PLC | Daniel Hilf
    You can petition the Court where you were convicted of the Retail Fraud 3rd Degree to expunge your conviction as long as your prior record is clean or consists of only a minor conviction (misdemeanor punishable by 90 days in jail or less). There are several steps you will need to take to get an expungement, and I recommend that you hire an experienced criminal defense attorney to help you.