Can I handle a notice of levy wages on my own? 2 Answers as of August 04, 2011

I just received a Notice of Levy of Wages for $8000. back taxes 2004. Should I get a tax attorney or try to deal with IRS office myself? Would it be very beneficial for me to have an attorney handle this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
yesor a CPA
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/4/2011
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
The answer really rests with your financial and tax competence as well as your knowledge of the IRS tax system. If you feel you are able then you may give it a try but there is a lot involved in dealing with the IRS.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 8/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: