Can I go to Mexico after a felony charge? 10 Answers as of August 27, 2012

I took deferred adjudication on a felony, I will be done with my probation soon my questions is can I go to Mexico ? I’m afraid I will get held at the check point and be sent to proceeding since I am only a green card holder.

Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
You would not want to go to Mexico. It is likely upon return that you will be detained and put into removal proceedings in order for the U.S. to try to deport you and take away your residence.
It will depend on the felony charges and how the deferred adjudication was handled. I suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your arrest. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC | Alan R. Diamante
It depends on the Felony. Some can cause you problems while others may not.
You correct to be worried. So, if I were you, I would just wait until I finished my probation and then actually get my criminal background report and see exactly what is in there and then make a decision as to if to leave at all or just stay put for an extended period of time. See an Attorney if you need certainty on your specific case.
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
You should not travel outside of the US until you have taken a copy of your criminal history to an immigration attorney for a full review. If you travel you may not be allowed to return in to the US.
    It will really depend upon the reason for your arrest, the crime you were charged with, and the final disposition of the matter. You could face removal proceedings upon your return. It would be in your best interest to speak with an experienced immigration attorney before traveling outside the country.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    It is not a good idea for you to go to Mexico because immigration will likely check your background when you return.
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    Depending on all of the facts, it is quite possible you would be stopped, and maybe even jailed, upon your return. If it was a drug offense, the chances of being jailed are even greater.
    Kriezelman, Burton & Associates | Matthew Scott Kriezelman
    It depends on what the felony was for and whether it makes you removable or inadmissible from the United States.
    Chirag V. Patel, P.A. | Chirag V. Patel
    You are correct, you should not travel. Consult an immigration attorney.