Can I go to jail if I do not show up to court to testify against my husband for domestic abuse? 1 Answers as of May 18, 2011

A couple weeks ago my husband was arrested for domestic abuse. His court date is in two months and I don't want to testify because he's getting help in counseling and anger management. He says if I'm in the state and I don't show up to court,I will be arrested! Is this true? If I leave the state until his trial is over what will happen to me. Could I still be arrested? I haven't done anything wrong or illegal. Please help!

The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady
The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady | Kevin O'Grady
I previously answered a question like this with regard to a state case that recently resulted in the arrest of a person alleged to be the victim of domestic violence. In order to protect yourself you should consider hiring a private attorney quickly.
Answer Applies to: Hawaii