Can I go through a divorce by myself? 4 Answers as of August 03, 2010

I've just been served with divorce papers from my husband and I don't know what to do. He earned, has a pension and retirement benefits, we bought a home together. Is this something I can go through myself using online divorce papers, or maybe I can go to the family law facilitator's office for help? Or would I be better off finding a lawyer? I'm scared that he'll get everything. I don't even know how I would go about finding one.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
It is wise to hire an attorney to represent you in this complex legal matter. You can arrange a consultation with me via my law firm's website.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/2/2010
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
If you are able to hire an attorney, that would be best. You need some advice. At a minimum, go to the facilitator's office. I would not recommend you do this own your own.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/13/2010
Click to View More Answers: