Can I go back to the US after being deported? 2 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I was deported from the US, they didn't tell me how many years I was banned, but I'm willing to come back. How can I come back to the US after being deported?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You will have to tell me more about the reasons for your deportation. But generally speaking, you will have to spend about 10 years outside of the US before being allowed to present an I-212 application to re-apply for admission after removal. Before that though, you will have to have someone (USC spouse, parent, child, etc) sponsor you back into the US by filing a visa petition. When that visa becomes available, you or your family member will be alerted by the NVC to begin processing it. Eventually you and your sponsor will appear before a Consular Officer for your interview and at the conclusion of it, the CO will tell you whether you qualify for a waiver or not. If you do, he or she will indicate to you how and where to file it. I will recommend that you retain a good attorney to prepare this kind of an application for you. There are complexities that are specific to each case so that any information in a forum like this one can only be of a general nature at best. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/8/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You should file a waiver first. If you need help, you are welcome to contact us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: