Can I go back home since no other orders in place? 2 Answers as of August 30, 2013

I was arrested for aggravated harassment only for telephone use. I want to go back home. It’s been one year. My wife had an order of protection for one year due to phone calls I made. The judge said if I stayed away for the year, the case is closed and charges should be gone.

The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You cannot violate the order of protection or you risk being arrested for contempt of court. It is to teach you a lesson to communicate properly and not to threaten or harass women. It is also to protect the victim, here your wife from you.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
You need to look at the final order of protection that was issued in the case. While, the charges may be dismissed after one year, the order is probably in effect for two years. If you no longer have a copy, you need to go back to the court house and ask the court clerk for another copy. Violating an order of protection can lead to very serious criminal contempt charges.