Can I go back after being deported? 2 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I was deported from the US, they didn't tell me how many years I was banned, but I´m willing to came back. How can I do it ?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
It depends on when you were deported. The current law is either 5 or 10 years depending on how you were deported. You can file an I-212 application for permission to apply for admission after deportation before the time is up, but you may also have other issues depending on why you were deported. If you were also here illegally, you may face the 3 and 10 year bars for unlawful presence which require a separate hardship waiver. If you had criminal convictions, that is also a ground of inadmissibility that requires a waiver.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 6/8/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
You should get all your deportation/removal documents and have an experienced immigration attorney review them to determine the bar and your eligibility for a waiver if necessary.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: