Can I go after back child support even if the child is no longer living with me? 1 Answers as of June 30, 2011

For four years I raised my granddaughter. I was awarded guardianship through Probate Court. During that time I received no child support from the father who is under a court order to pay. My daughter is under a court order and money is garnished from her pay so I didn't have a problem with her, just the Dad. The child no longer lives with me. Can I still get back child support?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Neville J. Bedford Attorney at Law
Neville J. Bedford Attorney at Law | Neville J. Bedford
It is possible to pursue child support accrued under a court order. In Rhode Island, statutory interest may also have accrued at a rate of 12%
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: