Can I give up my parental rights and stop paying child support? Posted on March 03, 2011

I have been in and out of jail for years. I have a 9 year old child whom I never really see. I just got out of jail and have an open case pending currently. I haven't signed the birth certificate and I owe a lot of child support. Is there a way to legally lift my parental rights. I'm a bad influence on this kid and can't afford to support myself; never mind a child. They are threatening to put me in jail due to the back child support. I don't want to get out of child support to get out of it. I literally can't get my act together and can't afford to support myself.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: