Can I give the renter a 6-month notice to move out? 6 Answers as of December 17, 2013

Renter is always late paying the rent on time for 8 months now. I always have to pay late fees on the morgage on this building because of him. Can I give him 6 moths notice to move out and have him relocated?

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
I see no need to wait for 6 months. Start eviction proceedings immediately.
There is no such thing as a "6 month Notice". You probably have waived the right to decline the late rent since you now have a pattern of doing this for 8 months now and that is admissible evidence. You may wish to give a 30 day or 60 day notice to end the tenancy if the tenant is on a month to month basis with you. Note that in some "No Fault" jurisdictions you don't have that right. Eviction laws are among the most technical and complex. Consult an attorney before you attempt to do anything to remove the tenant.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
If there is a lease, you must comply with the lease terms. If there is no lease, only 15 days' notice is required.
In California, you can give a a three days notice if the rent is not paid and can terminate the lease, if in a non-rental control city, with a thirty day's notice (60 days if lived there for one year or more). It would be best to spend the money t speak to an attorney who handles renter matters in your geographical area to find out what you can do and how you can better write your lease with the tenant, such as a penalty for late payment. It might only take an hour.
Law Office of James A. Anton | James Anton
If you have a written lease with a fixed lease term and the term has not expired, then it is not that simple 6 months is usually way too long. If it is a month to month lease or no lease at all, then you can usually give 30 day notice to terminate tenancy. If there is non-payment of rent then you can give a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit.
    BREEN LAW
    BREEN LAW | John E Breen
    Better approach is to notify of strict compliance requirement issue 3 day. And evict.