Can I get a youthful offender charge reduced? 3 Answers as of April 26, 2011

I was not told if my case was sealed after I was giving a youthful offender status or if my guilty plea was vacated. I was 18 then Im 37 now. The military hold that against me from joining. Is there anything I can do to have youthful offender status charge reduced ? For the military won't hold it against me ?

If you really were granted Youthful Offender status then the records should have been sealed and the conviction vacated. You should check this with the court. If you were not given Youthful Offender status you may still be able to get the conviction expunged from your record. You should hire an attorney.
Actually, the military is incorrectly holding the Youthful Offender status against you becaue when you get YO, as it's known, any conviction is "set aside" so that it no longer exists on your criminal record. The conviction is actually eliminated. There is nothing more you can do except obtain a Certificate of Relief from Civil Disability, however, you should check ahead of time to see if the miliarty will accept that and you if you to the trouble of getting one. Good luck.
You were either granted Youthful Offender Status or you were not. If you were then you have no record but the military still looks at the YO in order to determine if you are eligible. Ask your recruiter to try to get a waiver so that you can join.