Can I get youthful offender and or case dismissed or charge lowered? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2017

I was hunting with a 25 year old man (I knew only for 2 months) on his property. When we walked up to what appeared to be an abandoned house, I questioned it but we were on his family’s property. There were at least two other abandon trailers/homes for storage on his property so I figured it was his. He went in through the window, but the doors were unlocked. I stepped inside. It looked as if it hadn't been lived in for years (partial roof missing, dust, cobwebs). I thought that it’s just another storage. He started to pick up (tools extension cords drill pipe screen doors scrap metal old shotgun). He said put outside and we will go get the truck. Walked back to his house, got the truck, went back and loaded it up. About a week later, I was over there and police came and arrested him. Later that day, his mother told me he broke into a house down the road and the police was looking for the items stolen. I took it upon myself to call the police station and tell them that I know where a few of the items were. I met with a detective and gave them all I could find. He had left (drill, tools). I told him about that day. He said thank you and I went on home. About two days later, I had a restricted call and it was the detective. He asked if we can meet at the gas station so I can sign release forms of the items. I met up with him at the gas station. He went in, bought some food and drink and came back out. He said that I have a warrant for my arrest, burglary. He took me to jail. They questioned me. I wrote a report then was able to bond out. They told me they had him on camera not me. The detectives made it out like he said I was involved (association). As soon as he was arrested, I was doing what was right and bringing the stuff back. I am 20 years old, never committed a crime.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ferguson & Ferguson
Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
You should be able to get it dismissed or at the least get youthful offender or a theft diversion class.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 3/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: