Can I get a work permit if I have a DWI? 3 Answers as of May 19, 2011

Do you think that if an illegal person who has 3 biological kids and charged with a DWI would be able to get work permit?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
The eligibility to become permanent resident is derived through relatives or skills needed by a U.S citizen employer. Do you have an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen, or an employer willing to petition for you? I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me to discuss the case. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/19/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No if you do not have the right sponsor into the US. Having 3 kids in the US does not entitle you to anything at all. As far as you DWI's are concerned, the question is what kind of disposition did you receive if they all went to court. What USCIS is concerned with are convictions. If you are a green card applicant with 1 felony or 2 misdemeanors, it is likely that you are not going to keep your work permit though you may be able to get it for a short period of time. So, without knowing your circumstances, I would say maybe. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/16/2011
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
In order to obtain a work authorization from the USCIS you must also have a valid approved petition and either an application for adjustment of status (green card application) or an application for cancellation of removal. In either case, you as an illegal alien will have to demonstrate that the children would suffer extreme or extraordinary hardship. But while pending, you can apply for and accept an authorization for work in the USA. If you wish help (and you will need it), please feel free to e-mail or phone me to set up an in-person or phone consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: