Can I get warrant for old traffic tickets off my record so I can get my license in Washington? 2 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I was required to go court for unpaid traffic tickets 14 years ago in Washington. I did not show, and the judge issued a warrant for my arrest because. Because of work, I moved to New York. I never heard any more about the warrant until I moved back. Can I have the warrant taken off in Washington?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Aaron Nielson
Law Office of Aaron Nielson | Aaron Nielson
Is the warrant still active or are you just seeing something on your criminal history? If the warrant is active (I recently had a case where the warrant has been continuously renewed by the Court for the last 15 years.) your attorney can file a motion to recall the warrant. You will need to get the ticket resolved which your attorney can help you with too.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/29/2011
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
You will have to go to court and get the warrant quashed. Note that you will have to appear in the court that issued the warrant and make arrangements to pay the fines for the tickets. There is a remote chance that the court could book you. Given this real risk, it is important that you have no illegal substances on your person as a pre-booking search would discover them and you could be charged with the felony of introducing contraband to the jail.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: