Can I get a visitor visa after my green card expired? 2 Answers as of May 06, 2011

Can I have visa visitor after my green card expired? I just want to go to Virginia for personal reasons. I don’t have any sponsor. I have just citizen friends.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Yes, you should be able to apply for a non-immigrant visitor's visa like any other citizen of your country at an American embassy or consulate.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/6/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I have difficulty understanding why you would want to let your green card expire and then get a lesser visa. If your green card is valid, then just go . . . or renew it. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: