Can i get the visa after my LPR husband became us citizen? 6 Answers as of July 27, 2011

My husband have filled i-130 for me which is accepted and I am waiting for my pd to be current. My husband was LPR when he filled my case and he will be citizen in sept. How can i upgrade my case and can i get the visa?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If eligible you can file for residence. If you are married to a U.S. citizen and entered legally you can obtain a change of status.
After your husband naturalizes, include a photocopy of his naturalization certificate with your I-485 and a copy of your I-130 receipt, requesting an upgrade. Consult with an immigration attorney.
Your husband can write to the NVC, where the petition is pending to request the upgrade. If you are in the US and able to adjust status here instead, then he can also attach proof of the prior petition when filing your adjustment application.
You can consular process by filing ds-230 forms.
There is a special form to use and fax it to the service center that has the petition. You may want to ask an attorney to help you.
    The Law Office of Teresa Tong Cai
    The Law Office of Teresa Tong Cai | Teresa Tong Cai
    After your husband becomes a US citizen, he can file I-130 for you and since the petition is by a US citizen, you do not have to wait for visa quota and can file adjustment of status with the I-130 if you entered the US legally. It would be much faster if he file a new I-130 as a US citizen and you file I-485 along with the new I-130. "Upgrading" a pending I-130 is much more time consuming.