Can i get the visa after my LPR husband became us citizen? 6 Answers as of July 27, 2011

My husband have filled i-130 for me which is accepted and I am waiting for my pd to be current. My husband was LPR when he filled my case and he will be citizen in sept. How can i upgrade my case and can i get the visa?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If eligible you can file for residence. If you are married to a U.S. citizen and entered legally you can obtain a change of status.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/27/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
After your husband naturalizes, include a photocopy of his naturalization certificate with your I-485 and a copy of your I-130 receipt, requesting an upgrade. Consult with an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/25/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Your husband can write to the NVC, where the petition is pending to request the upgrade. If you are in the US and able to adjust status here instead, then he can also attach proof of the prior petition when filing your adjustment application.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/25/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You can consular process by filing ds-230 forms.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/24/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
There is a special form to use and fax it to the service center that has the petition. You may want to ask an attorney to help you.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/23/2011
    The Law Office of Teresa Tong Cai
    The Law Office of Teresa Tong Cai | Teresa Tong Cai
    After your husband becomes a US citizen, he can file I-130 for you and since the petition is by a US citizen, you do not have to wait for visa quota and can file adjustment of status with the I-130 if you entered the US legally. It would be much faster if he file a new I-130 as a US citizen and you file I-485 along with the new I-130. "Upgrading" a pending I-130 is much more time consuming.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 7/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: