Can I get a U-visa if I qualify for it? 2 Answers as of May 05, 2011

I want to know can I get a u-visa because I have got declaration in support, medical record. The felony that occurred there was an armed robbery. The robber showed an HIV infected syringe to me saying if I don't give me cash he will inject the syringe when I open the cash register he took all the money and while he was taking the cash he inject the HIV infected syringe in me. I got a checkup and I was fine. Now he says that he know my family member and if I don't give him cash he would kill my family member and me. By these thoughts got schizophrenia disorder and post trauma. I was being hospitalized I also helped the police in identifying the robber. It was also being certified by the law enforcement agency. By these can I get a u-visa?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
It is possible. It sounds like you have the basic requirements for that kind of visa. The best thing for you to do is to set up a consultation with a competent attorney and explore your options that way. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
You may be eligible for a U visa if you worked with the police/DA in your county. There are non-profit clinics if you are below the poverty level. Otherwise I recommend that you set an appointment with a competent immigration attorney to prepare for you. Also, this will depend on WHERE the crime occurred. Some police departments will sign the required form to file the U and others categorically will not!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: