Can I get unemployment if I leave my job because I feel threatened? 6 Answers as of December 12, 2013

My boss is related to the manager by marriage and I think I said something that the manager didn't like. So she is always going around saying that she can't wait till her sister who is the boss wife comes to work because she will beat someone down when you talk about her sister who is the manager. She seems like she always directs it to me. The wife only comes once a year for the whole summer. But I feel those words are directed to me because she's always looking at me and no, we have no real management and if I do say something, it is going to get to the boss and he will obviously tell the manager and make it worse. I can't just leave because the job is a good job, great pay and flexible with my schedule for my son. What should I do?

File a complaint with the Labor Board and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
In Georgia, it is very unlikely that you will receive unemployment benefits if you quit under these circumstances. If it is that bad, you should find another job and then quit this job. Or, you may want to consider how to tough it out. That is why they call it work.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
I believe you should stay in your job, do the best job you can, don't get written up or warned, and if you are fired for no good reason, you should be able to get unemployment.? It is much harder, though not impossible to get u.c. if you quit.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
You should immediately contact an attorney to discuss how to deal with your situation. Do not quit your job.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You are not eligible for unemployment, if you voluntarily quit. If it is a good job, I suggest you ignore the slights and do your work.
    Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
    Unfortunately, you are not able to receive unemployment if you quit under those circumstances. Nothing the manager is doing is illegal. It may be unfair, but it does not cross over the line to illegal. The only suggestion is to look for a new job or find a way to deal with the manager. Unfortunately, there isn't a legal remedy for this issue.