Can I get a ticket for speeding if I was pulled over an hour after? 4 Answers as of August 18, 2011

Tonight I received a ticket on my way home from a friends house. The officer asked how fast I was going and I replied yes, 50 isn't that the speed limit? He said yes it is and just clocked you going 52. But do you know how fast you were going earlier tonight. I asked when? He said about an hour ago. I said no I didn't not know how fast I was going an hour ago because I didn't even know what road I would have been on an hour ago. He said he had clocked me going 65 in a 50 ( this would have been on my way to my friends). I don't recall what my actual speed was so I can't say he's lying about that. But he did say I was going south when he saw me the first time. But at that time I would have been traveling north. The ticket was written for 65 in a 50. Not the 52 in a 50 that he pulled me over for. Can he write a ticket for something I did over an hour previous to the ticket when he doesn't even know which way I was traveling. I drive a BMW two seater convertible and Im 18 so cops are just itching to pull me over. I have never received a ticket and have a perfect record. Is it worth fighting?

Yes. the officer may write a ticket later. However, there seems to be substantial basis to challenge the ticket in court. The outcome may hinge on the officer's credibility when testifying at trial.
Law Office of Nixon Ayemi | Nixon Ayeni
Yes, it is worth fighting. The officer seems to be fishing for a reason to give you a ticket.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
You can get a ticket but the issue is can the state prove the ticket or can the case be resolved without a conviction. I certainly think it is worth a look see to examine what the state has for evidence. Please contact me to discuss this further.
Shane Law Office
Shane Law Office | Robert J. Shane
I suppose he could write you up for an earlier clock but the circumstances are suspicious. Why didn't he pull you over then? If It is a first tome offense we may be able to negotiate a resolution to keep it off your record.