Can I get a ticket for failure to use turn signal when leaving a private lot? 3 Answers as of February 22, 2012

I live in Texas and last Monday I was pulled over after leaving a business's parking lot for not coming to a complete stop and not using a turn signal to turn right. There was no stop sign and I have not been able to find anything in any of my research that says that what I did was illegal, therefore, resulting in a ticket. There is more to the story because I was then arrested, for an expired insurance ticket in 2010 that I did not know was a warrant. I have no prior traffic violations on my record nor do I have a criminal history. I am trying to fight this ticket, but would like an expert opinion on this matter.

Law Offices of Kenneth Wincorn P.C.
Law Offices of Kenneth Wincorn P.C. | Kenneth Wincorn
You must signal a turn. If you only got a ticket, you are eligible for a deferred probation that will not go on your record.
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
Google Sullo and Sullo and hire them if in Houston. These are very fact specific and depends on what lies the officer tells.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C. | Robert Valles Jr.
Yes, you can be stopped for that.