Can I get a theft 3 misdemeanor expunged? 6 Answers as of July 01, 2015

I recently made a stupid mistake and stole. It is a theft III and I wanted to know if I will be able to get it removed from my record. I want to go into the health profession and I don't think I will get very far with a criminal record. I don't have any past convictions. If it's possible how do I go about it and how long would I have to wait?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ferguson & Ferguson
Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
In Alabama the answer is no.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/1/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
If you have already pleaded guilty and have been convicted, no you can't get the theft conviction expunged in Missouri. If you recently pleaded guilty but did not have an attorney representing you, it's possible that your attorney could help you withdraw your guilty plea and get the charge dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense. If you have been charged with theft but have not appeared in court yet, hire an attorney to represent you.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 7/1/2015
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If that is your only conviction you can apply to have it set aside 5 years after your sentence ends.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/1/2015
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
Yes 2 years after the case is closed.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/1/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Instead of worrying about expungement, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2015
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    Generally of there is only a single incident, at least in Michigan, it will be possible to expunge the conviction after five years has passed.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/30/2015
Click to View More Answers: