Can I get a ten year green card if I am divorced? 7 Answers as of April 27, 2011

I have a two year green card. Can I get a ten year green card if I am divorced?

Yes you can. You will have to have a very good explanation for why your spouse is not applying for the removal of condition on your status with you. See a good attorney to strategize before applying. Good luck!
Yes, if the USCIS removes your conditional status after two years.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Most likely. File the removal of the condition with a copy of your divorce. You must explain the marriage did nt work out and tell why. It can not be your fault, but you don't necessarily have to make your ex be a total jerk either. Stuff like we grew apart, he became reilgious and I am an atheist, are examples I have seen. Be sure to include proof that you got married in good faith (with the intention to built a life together). Such proof includes (but is not limited to) photos, joint bills, rental agreement together. joint bank statement, joint tax return, driver license showing same address, etc...Good luck.
Not if your spouse refuse to go with you to the interview. However, if you are battered spouse and you can prove your marriage was in good faith, you are welcome to contact us for cure.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Yes you can.
    Yes you self petition using the I-751 as the waiver. However, as you arenot removing the condition jointly it is more difficult to obtain; so you need a good legal argument with the petition. Contact my office if you need help preparing.
    Yes, even though you are divorced you can still file to remove your conditional status. You must show that your marriage was bona fide.