Can I get a temporary custody from 5 years ago reversed without an attorney? What action do I need to take? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2017

I signed over temporary custody of my son 5 years ago because I was homeless and unable to provide care for him to my ex sister in law and now want to bring him home and have been able to care for him for the past 3 years. Also she will most likely not willingly just sign him back over fully so I'm looking for an arrangement that still gives her plenty of visitations.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
You could do a Joint Petition to Modify Custody, and just lay out your agreed terms including visitation. If your original one was never filed with a Court, and there was no order generated, then you still have actual custody with no need to do anything other than getting your child.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: