Can I get stealing charges dismissed for lack of evidence? 1 Answers as of July 10, 2017

The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Yes, it's possible for a stealing charge to be dismissed, but you will have to go to trial, which can be expensive. In general, all stores have security cameras and "loss prevention" personnel who will testify against you at trial, stating that they saw you stealing. I suggest that you consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to find out how strong your case is and whether it's worth the added expense of taking it to trial. It may be in your best interest to have your attorney negotiate a plea bargain deal with the Prosecutor to get your stealing charges dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense without going to trial. The outcome of your case depends a lot on the specific details of your case, what the police report says, your criminal history, which court your case is being prosecuted in, and how experienced your attorney is in handling stealing charges.