Can I get rid of unpaid traffic tickets in Georgia if they are from 14 years ago? 3 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I just moved back to Georgia from New York after 14 years. During that time, I didn’t have a problem with some tickets I got here. Now that I moved back for work, a warrant for these tickets appeared. Can I get rid of them now?

Yes. I would retain an attorney that could consolidate all of the tickets, negotiate with the prosecutor and schedule a court date to resolve everything. If there will be jail time I would want to know that before I appeared in court by myself. You should feel free to contact me, or view my website.
Lori C. Obenauf LLC
Lori C. Obenauf LLC | Lori C. Obenauf
It is important that you clear these tickets up. If warrants are outstanding, you will most likely need to appear before a judge and explain the failure to pay. I recommend that you hire an experienced attorney in your area to represent you in this matter so that you can hopefully avoid any serious adverse consequences if possible.
I would recommend that you retain a criminal lawyer in your community ASAP to see if a resolution can be worked out with the prosecutor's office. Good luck!