Can I get rid of unpaid traffic tickets in Georgia if they are from 14 years ago? 3 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I just moved back to Georgia from New York after 14 years. During that time, I didn’t have a problem with some tickets I got here. Now that I moved back for work, a warrant for these tickets appeared. Can I get rid of them now?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Yes. I would retain an attorney that could consolidate all of the tickets, negotiate with the prosecutor and schedule a court date to resolve everything. If there will be jail time I would want to know that before I appeared in court by myself. You should feel free to contact me, or view my website.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/29/2011
Lori C. Obenauf LLC
Lori C. Obenauf LLC | Lori C. Obenauf
It is important that you clear these tickets up. If warrants are outstanding, you will most likely need to appear before a judge and explain the failure to pay. I recommend that you hire an experienced attorney in your area to represent you in this matter so that you can hopefully avoid any serious adverse consequences if possible.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/29/2011
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
I would recommend that you retain a criminal lawyer in your community ASAP to see if a resolution can be worked out with the prosecutor's office. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: