Can I get a restricted license while on probation? 3 Answers as of August 11, 2011

I was charged and convicted of Unlawful Possession of Marijuana to the 5th degree. I know that my license is therefore suspended for 6 months, but is it possible to get a restricted license for work and school during the 6 months?

In general you can but you need to go to the DMV to apply for it.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
Yes. An application must be made to the court to waive imposition of the 6 months suspension due to great hardship.
Contact the attorney who handled the case and find out what your options are. I do not know the circumstances of your case. You may be able to get a restricted license or hardship license depending on the nature of your plea. The DMV will also let you know what is available if your attorney cannot. Your attorney should have discussed this and many more things with you, I suspect you had a public defender.