Can I get a restraining order without the person being notified? 1 Answers as of July 26, 2017

I was in an abusive relationship for 5 years and broke up with him 2 years ago. He is still harassing, threatening, stalking, and sending me messages that make me feel uncomfortable. Am I able to file a police report or get a restraining order without him being notified? He is in CO and I am in UT.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
In Colorado you are given a temporary protection order if the judge finds it should be issued, it gets served on him & then there is a hearing where he gets to present his side, & the judge decides if it should be made permanent. If you report his actions to the police, they will either file charges against him or contact him to get his side.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/26/2017
Click to View More Answers: