Can I get a public intoxication charge expunged? 1 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I was charged with Public Intoxication and an Underage in Pennsylvania about a year ago (I was 20 years old). I spent the night in the "drunk tank" and was released in the morning. However, I was given citations so I plead not guilty so I could have a trial. At court, the judge dropped my underage charges and just charged me with public intoxication. It has now been a year since this incident and I was wondering if there's any way I can get this expunged off my record? If so, when can I go about doing this? Thank you!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of John J. Ferry, Jr.
Law Offices of John J. Ferry, Jr. | John J. Ferry, Jr.
A summary conviction can be expunged only after you have gone a minimum of 5 years without an arrest or conviction. If it is a misdemeanor or felony, a pardon from the Governor is necessary.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: