Can I get probation for a second cocaine possession? 19 Answers as of March 24, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Edward  D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law
Edward D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law | Edward D. Dowling IV
I would need further information to answer, such as the exact sections of the law of the previous and current charges. You should consult an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/24/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Legally possible, but unless the prosecutor is weak, he/she will not offer another probation sentence. IT is jail time now.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/21/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
This depends on the circumstances and your prior record.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/21/2013
Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law | Randy M. Lish
Possible, but you could also get some jail.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 3/21/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Sometimes. It will depend on how long ago your 1st conviction was and the amount of cocaine in your possession. I suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your case. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/21/2013
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    It is possible. It depends on the nature of the current case and passed history.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 3/21/2013
    Ferguson & Ferguson
    Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
    It depends on the da, attorney and judge. Try to do pretrial diversion class.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama
    Replied: 3/20/2013
    Toivonen Law Office | John Toivonen
    Receiving probation for a second cocaine possession is possible, but not likely. A lot may depend on your criminal record. Cocaine possession is a felony, so you could do some time. You need to hire an attorney right away. Do not speak to the police without your attorney. If you have a clean record, other than one previous cocaine possession conviction, your attorney might be able to work out a plea deal.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 3/20/2013
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    That is difficult to determine without much more information. It is possible, but you are going to need a great lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 3/20/2013
    The Umansky Law Firm
    The Umansky Law Firm | William D. Umansky
    Yes it is possible if you have some valid defenses and a lack of criminal. Hire a private lawyer ASAP to assist.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 3/20/2013
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Anything is possible, but the more convictions that you have, the less likely it becomes that you would continue to receive probation, instead of jail. Ultimately, sentencing depends on whether you have been found guilty, your prior record, how serious these are in the court's eyes, mitigation, and allocution. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland
    Replied: 3/20/2013
    Halprin Law Office
    Halprin Law Office | Richard Halprin
    This question can only be answered with a general response, as it is posed out of context. Generally speaking, you may be eligible for probation again. There is no statutory prohibition and any outcome will depend on additional factors including the county, judge and defense attorney involved.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 3/20/2013
    Law Office of James Gandy
    Law Office of James Gandy | James Gandy
    If you are simply asking whether this is possible, then yes; it is possible (but, of course, many things are possible but they just aren't likely). You should speak to an attorney in your jurisdiction since there is no possible way of properly answering this question. Though I understand your concerns and can empathize with you, you should understand that no one here can properly answer this question - there is not enough information (to provide enough information would require you to reveal to much online; speak to an attorney in your jurisdiction).
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/20/2013
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 4 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney