Can I get probation for marijuana infraction? 6 Answers as of July 19, 2011

I’m 16 and a couple days ago I went to court for my possession of marijuana ticket (it was way less than an ounce) which was only an infraction. So when I get there he gave me 3 options which were suspend my license for a year and pay a fine, go to a trial, or go on probation. I chose probation because I had nothing better to choose from. Should the judge just have made me pay a fine since it was my first offense with any type of drug? I need advice on whether I need to go and fight this or not.

Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux
Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux | Scott Tibbedeaux
No, you won't probation for an infraction.
You already plead out the case and already were sentenced to your chosen penalty. Your question is now pointless. You should have consulted counsel before acting as your own attorney without knowing what to do.
If you have enterd a plea, it is probably too late to "fight " the case. Infraction or not, you also had the right to consult with an attorney before you entered a plea. You might want to speak to an attorney who regularly handles juvenile matters.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Unfortunately, since you've already plead guilty and accepted probation, your case is closed. Unless you file a motion to withdraw your plea of guilty; which you can do if you do it right away, you cannot change the terms of your plea.
Sounds like it is too late to fight it since you already plead guilty. Consulting an attorney should occur before you go to court not afterwards. Since he did not suspend your license it sounds like you made the right choice unless you could have won the case by fighting it.
    There is nothing to choose from anymore. You already settled the case. It's too late.