Can I get patent protection and an investors search from a lawyer? 2 Answers as of August 13, 2010

I own an internet startup company and I am developing proprietary software that I think will be very valuable. Can a patent attorney help me find investors to fund my project? Do they usually do that and file for patent protection at the same time?

An Intellectual Property attorney will be able to help you obtain copyright, trademark, tradename, and other appropriate protection for your ideas and code, but probably not a patent as you are not designing hardware. Whether that attorney has sources of funding or knows how to help you in that regard is entirely up to him. That is seldom part of their expertise.
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
A patent attorney typically only helps with the patenting process. Seeking investors is a long and arduous process, and could create to a conflict of interest between you and your attorney. While I could offer you some guidance to the matter, I would recommend keeping the processes separate.