Can I get a new ID if there is an FTA Warrant out for me? Posted on June 30, 2011

My State ID is about to expire, and I need to get a replacement SS card. I found out just recently that I have a FTA Warrant issued against me for not paying court fines. I have no problem speaking to a clerk over the phone and setting a new court date, but even if I do that, will I be able to get a new ID and SS card? The card is needed more immediately. I really just want to know... will I be taken into custody if I try to do either of these after speaking to the courts about a new date?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: