Can I get my vehicle repairs covered by the insurance company in Illinois? 3 Answers as of April 04, 2011

How can I get my car fully restored with the insurance paying the cost? I was involved in a bad car crash four months ago. The insurance company representing the party at fault has offered me a settlement that is significantly less than the repair costs for my vehicle.

Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Part of what may be going on is the quality of the insurance company involved which you don't identify in you e-mail. Also as you have not provided the facts of the accident I am unable to determine if the other party is 100% at fault. If you wish to discuss this matter in greater detail please call my law office. Thanks.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
Basically, you have three choices concerning how to proceed: 1) accept the best property damage offer the tortfeasor's insurance company will extend to you; 2) file a collision claim through your automobile insurance carrier, notwithstanding the fact that you will be responsible to pay the deductible; or 3) file suit against the tortfeasor for the full cost of repair, provided that it does not exceed the fair market value of your vehicle at the time of the collision.
Willens Law Offices
Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
Generally it is best to have your own automobile insurance company deal with the property damage aspect of your claim.