Can I get my sons probation moved? 3 Answers as of April 11, 2011

My son lives with his father, however he is now 17. He got into some trouble and is on deferred adjudication in another county. My son would like to come live with me. How do I get his probation moved? Is it entirely up to his probation officer?

Yes, probation can be moved per se: To be clear, you do not move the actual probation, however, the county where your son is doing probation can ask the county where you live to follow up and handle the probation. This is called "courtesy" probation. This is accomplished by asking the probation department where your son reports now if he can transfer and report in the county where you live and they will make the arrangements.
The Purnell Law Firm
The Purnell Law Firm | Simon Purnell
Probation supervision can be transferred to another county (or even State) provided the court approves the transfer. The reasons for transfer are usually family or employment related so you should be able to it moved.
Law Office of Robert L Keates, PLLC
Law Office of Robert L Keates, PLLC | Robert Keates
It is up to the PO up until you disagree (in other words, if they decline to move the probation). Then you can (through your son's lawyer) request a modification hearing to modify and transfer the probation.