Can I get my rights to own a gun with a criminal record? 4 Answers as of July 24, 2011

I was arrested and charged with forgery 13 years ago. Most charges were dismissed. I served 2 yrs of unsupervised probation and at the time I was arrested, I was a gun owner. How do I get my rights back to carry a gun again? Now I have a family and want to protect them,they took away my pistol permit, how do I go about getting all of my past back in good standing?

If you were convicted of a felony, or an offense where your gun rights have been taken, you can apply to have your civil rights reinstated which could include your gun rights. The application process starts at the Alabama Department of Pardons and Paroles.
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner | Roianne Houlton Conner
The only way to have your rights restored is to receive a pardon from the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles.
You need a pardon. Check out the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles website. Stay well.