Can I get my record expunged if I violated my probation with a felony charge? How? 4 Answers as of June 17, 2015

My original 2 year probation was for assault and I violated with a new charge of burglary of a building and now I have to do 1 year state jail. Once I am released can I get my record expunged and how much does that cost?

There is a waiting period after you have completed probation before you can apply to expunge your record.
So a felony assault and a felony burglary will just disappear, is that right? You cannot get that record expunged.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
No. There is a very short list of convictions that are eligible for expungement but assault and burglary are not on the list.
I need a bit more information. Sounds like at least one of your felonies was a crime of violence. These are next to impossible to expunge. Assuming you could expunge, with your new charge, it prevents you from doing so for a least 5 years after you have completed all probation requirement on the current charge. Based upon what you have told me, I would say doubtful. Best to contact an attorney directly who can review your case history.