Can I get my property back after an FBI drug raid? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2011

My brother was arrested in April 2010 in California for FBI drug charges. My car was parked at his home when he was raided. They took my car. Can I still get it back?

You can try by filing the appropriate motion with the court. No guarantee, but if it is in your name only, and was not being used in the crimes, you have a chance. But, youve waited a long time, and it may already be long gone by sale. If serious about doing this, feel free to contact me.
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
If you are not under investigation yourself or a defendant in the federal case AND if the car is not considered evidence of wrongdoing FBI investigation, then you should be able to get it back. However, if the FBI believes the car is somehow involved in whatever they are investigating, then they most likely will not release the car until they are done. I hope this answer was helpful. Good luck.