Can I get my probation waived or reduced on my DUI conviction? 12 Answers as of February 24, 2012

I received my first DUI DEC 09, and I completed all the mandatory requirements and paid the fine. But, the mandatory 5 year probation is severely limiting my chances of getting a job. I am 26 years old and been out of work for the last 3 years. Can I get my probation reduced or waived considering the circumstances?

Yes! You are eligible for an expungment. You can apply for this yourself but it is obviously easier with the help of an attorney.
Probation on a DUI is only mandatory for three years so it could be modified to less than 5 years. Whether he would terminate you probation after 2 years is both an open legal question and a matter of discretion for the judge even if he or she rules that they have that power.
Yes, you can try by filing an appropriate motion for expungement.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Under those circumstances it is likely the judge would allow a modification. It would be better to retain counsel to beef it up some but if you don't have the funds go to the court clerks office and ask how you can appear before the judge by yourself
Possibly. Consider hiring an attorney to go to court for you to petition for an early termination of probation. You do have a chance, since you've completed all your obligations and have done more than 50% of the probation term.
    It is possible to petition the court for early termination of probation. Were there any enhancements to your DUI conviction?
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    Under certaine circumstances it is possible to early terminate probation under California Penal Code 1203.3
    Robert Mortland
    Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
    You can always file a 1203.3 motion asking for an early termination of probation. These are granted if it is in the "interests of justice" to do so. If you have a good reason why you need probation to end early, you have a possibility to get off probation early.
    sometimes a court will do an early termination of probation - talk to your PO to see if he/she will consent. If you do not have a PO ask your lawyer or PD to do this for you. Generally the court won't consider an early termination until you do 1/2 of your probation term, but each county varies so ask your lawyer.